How are you?
Dorien’s 10 points about the Gerbera;
1. Abundance of color choices like yellow, red, pink, purple, orange and so on. Only blue is not yet available.
2. Flower head sizes like mini, medium and large goes from 6 cm to 12 cm.
3. Varieties; beside the standard flowers, Gerbera pasta is really cool looks like pasta and the Gerbera gerrondo terra are beautiful filled flower.
4. Inexpensive compare with other flowers like Rosa and Dianthus.
5. Gerbera don’t need a lot of water, great to use in water tube.
6. Gerbera are growing a bit – when you use it in a compact hand tied bouquet with other flowers it will stick out the next day, just pull it back and cut the stems.
7. Treatment; after you bought the Gerbera at the flower market; – cut the stems 3 cm, wrap them straight up tightly in a newspaper (for minimum 1 hours) and place them in a clean vase with water and cut flower food. The water level in the vase can be approximately 5 cm. The stem has a hairy stem easy to be rotten.
8. Gerbera come originally from South Africa.
9. Gerbera are used as indoor& garden plants and cut flowers.
10.I use Gerbera in classic arrangement, free style arrangement and in my Trendy workshop.
Relax, Smile and Enjoy the Flower Power.
Love, Dorien Roling